Emulsifiers & Stabilizers
A Little Quality Goes a Long Way
You’ve crafted the perfect flavor profile. You’ve balanced your formulation to tick all of the target audience requirements listed in your product brief. Now, you need to bring it together—literally. That’s where our line of lecithin and xanthan gum come in.
Put our high-quality lecithin to work as emulsifiers to promote even blending and mixing, as release agents to ensure clean separation, as instantizers to help proteins and other materials disperse in aqueous systems, or as a nutritional source. Use our xanthan gum to boost viscosity and provide stability.
As the first company in the United States to make commercial soy lecithin, we are experts in this versatile ingredient. Whether you are using lecithin to emulsify, disperse, instantize, as a release agent or to add nutrition, we deliver a vertically integrated, diverse portfolio backed by the largest company-owned logistics network and global footprint of lecithin production. Our xanthan gum relies on vertical integration for strictest quality control and assured supply. And no one knows better than we do how to get the most out of these two ingredients, no matter what your formulation challenges. So you get peace of mind and performance—and the finishing touch for your consumer-pleasing product.
ADM Lecithin Options
ADM offers a variety of lecithins derived from soy, canola, or sunflower. Lecithin’s unique properties can modify the boundary layers between many types of substances. In the presence of two immiscible liquid phases, our lecithin reduces the surface tension and acts as an emulsifier. When used between a solid and a liquid phase, it acts as a wetting and dispersing agent. When used between solid phases, it acts as a lubricant or release agent.
Soy Fluid Lecithin
- Adlec? & Yelkin? (also offered in IP/PCR Neg): Derived from finely cleaned and filtered soybean oil, which results in neutral taste, low iron content and a low bacteriological value. Careful processing conditions guarantee stability and optimum emulsification and wetting characteristics.
- Beakin? : A series of complexed lecithin products with low viscosity, sprayable at ambient temperature, and used in lipophilic instantizing applications.
- Performix? : Edible blends of soy lecithin and other surface-active ingredients. Products available for low, as well as, high HLB applications.
- Thermolec? : Modified lecithins with enhanced oil-in-water emulsification performance.
Non-GMO Fluid Lecithin:
- Yelkin? Sun Lecithin from Sunflower and offers Non-GMO & Non-Allergen
- Yelkin? & Adlec? RL Fluid from Rapeseed (Canola) offers Non-GMO
- Adlec? Non-GMO from Non-GMO Soy
Ultralec? Deoiled Lecithin
Derived from a natural source to give a cleaner label, exclusive Ultralec? ultra filtered deoiled lecithin is ideal for food and nutritional applications requiring a dry lecithin with a bland flavor and low aroma. It is created through an ultrafiltration process that ensures unmatched quality and exceptional purity. It provides excellent emulsification properties in reduced fat and flavor-sensitive applications. It also plays a vital role in many animal nutrition applications. Versatile Ultralec? may be used as a stand-along emulsifier or in an emulsification system. It is available in three different granulation sizes: fine granule, granule and powder.
ADM Xanthan Gum Options
Rely on our xanthan gum for higher viscosity—our thicker, low-shear viscosity product means you may use 8 – 10% less others. We offer superior functionality, with improved clarity, fast hydration and improved dispersion—and all gluten-free. We offer a non-GMO/GE strain that helps you deliver organic, non-GMO and vegan/vegetarian label claims.
NovaXan ? Xanthan Gum
Also offered with high levels of transparency for clear solutions:
- NovaXan 200 & NovaXan 200T
- NovaXan 80 & NovaXan 80T
- NovaXan 80 FH & NovaXan 80 TFH
- NovaXan 40 & NovaXan 40T
NovaXan D ? Transparent & Agglomerated Xanthan Gum
Offering best dispersion results and a clear solution
NovaXan Plus products for superior hydration & dispersion across difficult media
- NovaXan 200T Plus & NovaXan 80T Plus
|Download our Lecithin Brochure|