- ADM Biopolis VP Wins NutraChampion Award for Lifetime Achievement
- ADM Opens Enzyme Lab in California
- ADM Recognized for Efforts to Promote Workplace Diversity in Ag
- ADM Vice Presidents Camille Batiste, Alix Dowling Named Women Worth Watching
- Creating and Sharing Ag Training Videos in Uganda
- Empowering Smallholder Farmers with Locally-Made Technology
- Growing Business Alliances through Bolivian Quinoa
- Helping Students with Virtual Reality and Technology
- Innovating by Trapping and Storing Carbon Underground
- Making the “Ultimate Plastic” from a Corn-Based Molecule
- A One-Stop-Shop for Food Innovation in Decatur
- Our Commitment to No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation
- Paving the Way for Growth with Vegetable Oil
- POLY4: A Game-Changing Product
- Supporting Agricultural Education in Macon County
- Study Shows ADM Protexin Live Cultures Product Could Offer Hope to Individuals with Severe Head Discomfort
- ADM Animal Nutrition Commercial Sales Manager Serves as 2019 Indianapolis 500 “Milk Man”
- ADM’s Fabiana Bianchi and Manda Tweten are this year’s Women Worth Watching?
- Making the Perfect Plant-Based Burger
- ADM and Marfrig Team Up to Produce Plant-based Burgers in Brazil
- ADM’s New Flour Mill Offers Unparalleled Efficiency and Flexibility
- Creating Chemicals that are Good for the Company and the World
- Veronica Braker on Breaking Through Barriers and Fostering Inclusivity
- Creating Climate-Smart Farming Villages in India
- How do you brew a better beer? With ADM solutions
- These are our founders. This is their story.
- ADM's Leadership in Plant-based Protein
- Driving Sustainable Mint Innovation from the Ground Up
- ?Extending the Life of Cardboard with ADM Specialty Starches
- ADM’s Most-Read Stories in 2019
- Unlocking ADM’s Identity
- Emerging Research in Worms is Early Indicator of Bio-Kult Bacteria Strain’s Potential Impact on Parkinson’s
- ADM’s Global Flexitarian Summit: The Forefront of Alt-Protein Creation
- ADM’s Wright Named A “Woman Worth Watching in STEM”
- ADM’s Mayka van Acht on the Changing Role of Women in the Agriculture Industry
- How ADM Cares is Helping One Woman in Kenya Improve the Lives of Children
- ADM’s Chief Human Resources Officer Answers your Questions about Remote Work
- Five Things ADM Chief Sustainability Officer Alison Taylor Wishes She Knew When She Started
- On the Front Lines: ADM’s Jeff Belcher
- ADM Microbiome Solutions Win Industry Awards
ADM Biopolis VP Wins NutraChampion Award for Lifetime Achievement
When ADM acquired Biopolis in 2017, it wasn’t just adding physical capabilities – it was adding industry-leading expertise in the groundbreaking world of probiotics and other microbial technologies. For evidence, look no further than Biopolis founder, and current ADM vice president of R&D for Health & Wellness, Daniel Ramón Vidal, who was just awarded the NutraChampion Award for a lifetime of exceptional work in probiotic science and product development.
Cosponsored by NutraIngredients.com and VitaFoods Europe 2019, the NutraChampion award celebrates “those who leave a lasting impact on nutrition and the nutrition industry.” No doubt that describes Ramón Vidal, who has more than three decades of experience in fields including functional foods, food biotechnology, microbial biotechnology and genomics, has co-authored over 100 patents, and has won multiple recognitions for his work.
But Ramón Vidal makes it very clear the award wasn’t just about him – it was about ADM’s accomplished and enthusiastic team of scientists and non-scientists alike who are expanding our knowledge of microbial technologies.
“I would not have received this award if not for the impressive team I am privileged to work with every day,” he said. “Every group, every department contributed to this honor – and are contributing to the groundbreaking work we’re doing.”
Ramón Vidal received his award at Vitafoods Europe 2019 in Geneva, where ADM Biopolis was also recognized for recent scientific advances related to its proprietary strains, including its latest research on Atopic Dermatitis and weight management.
This prestigious industry recognition demonstrates ADM Nutrition’s successful growth investments in the probiotics and microbiome space. Beginning with the acquisition of Biopolis in 2017, ADM has since bolstered its position with the purchase of natural healthcare supplement manufacturer Protexin in 2018, along with partnerships with Vland Biotech and Mayo clinic, and the construction of a new cutting-edge lab dedicated to enzyme research. ADM is continuing to invest in the growth of its capabilities to support customers in creating health-focused products through the development of microbial technologies.
See what Daniel Ramón Vidal has to say about his honor in the video.